Whatever happened to fat camp?
Wow. Just wow.
States receiving federal grants provided for in the bill would be required to annually track the Body Mass Index of all children ages 2 through 18. The grant-receiving states would be required to mandate that all health care providers in the state determine the Body Mass Index of all their patients in the 2-to-18 age bracket and then report that information to the state government. The state government, in turn, would be required to report the information to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for analysis.
You read that correctly. The so-called Healthy Choices Act will require states to report the body mass index of our kids to the federal government, who will then, well, i’m not sure exactly what it’ll do. I find this reassuring though:
It is important to note that no one is forced to come in for a doctor’s visit to get their BMI tested. BMI will be taken at times when the child makes an otherwise scheduled doctor’s visit.
Well, it’s only reassuring if my kids don’t get sick between the ages of 2 and 18. Good thing they’re not testing my kids before they’re 2 yrs. old though…they’re Dutch.
Why, you may ask, is the government doing this?
“Making the healthy choice the easy choice for our families is essential to ensuring our quality of life,” Kind said. “I am pleased to work on legislation that helps provide the opportunities that meet the needs of busy American families.”
Well, that makes sense. I am busy. I’m glad to know that the same government who is spending actual time and tax dollars on “potty parity,” and misplaces millions of dollars like it’s loose change is going to help me keep my kids from being fat.
Anyone notice what’s missing in this article? That’s right…what is the govt. going to do when it decides our kids are too fat? Forced jazzercise? colonics? federal employees whose only job is to make fun of our children for being fat? -sigh-
I would just like to repeat: Michelle “lets keep the junk out of your trunk” Obama was NOT ON THE BALLOT!
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
Tags to Note
- Threads of Confidence Emerge in a Former Textile Town April 25, 2017
- Trump's Order on Sanctuary Cities Likely Unconstitutional, Judge Says April 26, 2017
- Illegal Immigration Fell Before Trump Took Office, Study Says April 26, 2017
- Rod Rosenstein Wins Senate Nod for Justice Department Post April 26, 2017
- Former NYPD Officers Face Federal Bribery Charges April 26, 2017
- Trump Is a Real Republican, and That's a Good Thing April 26, 2017
- Trump Isn't Making America Great Yet April 26, 2017
- Hate Speech and the Politics of Grievance April 26, 2017
- Why Democrats Are Dropping More F-Bombs Than Ever April 26, 2017
- Trump Tax Plan a Sign of Better Days to Come April 26, 2017
- 16,086 minds served (so far)