This is Your Brain on Immigration
So, L.A. decides to boycott Arizona. Why? Because its City Council is full of morons. Case in point, Councilman Ed Reyes:
“As an American, I cannot go to Arizona today without a passport. If I come across an officer who’s having a bad day and feels that the picture on my ID is not me, I can be … deported, no questions asked. That is not American.’’
You sir, are an idiot. In fact, you’re worse than an idiot. You’re a purposefully misleading, pandering idiot with authority. The Arizona law does not require you to carry a passport. Any government-issued I.D. will work. And I’m assuming the picture on your drivers license looks like you. In fact, unless you’re sitting on the side of the road with twenty other individuals with coolers, waiting for a pick-up truck to drive by, I think you’re going to be o.k. (uh-oh, that may just be a stereotype).
In response to L.A.’s behavior, Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer finally provided the real reason why the Arizona law isn’t the end of America as we know it.
“It’s already the law in the United States, and I have a responsibility to stand up and protect the people of Arizona and we will do that,” Brewer said Tuesday.
That’s right. The Arizona law, which everyone is gnashing their teeth over, doesn’t actually change anything. It’s nothing more than a shout-out to the Washington politicians, who are busy figuring out how to use illegal immigrants to get themselves re-elected. It was illegal to be in this country illegally before the law. What is it, more illegal now? Also, the Arizona police were allowed to stop someone on reasonable suspicion of breaking the law before the legislation; that includes being here illegally (that is illegal, right?).
L.A., and the entire State of California, is so ass-backwards it could be mistaken for Greece. Arizona should be (and probably is)happy about the boycott…now it won’t have to deal with all of those bouncing checks.
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
Tags to Note
- Trump Says at Rally He Has Delivered '100 Days of Action' April 30, 2017
- Trump Backers in Phoenix Region Are Fine With His Learning Curve April 29, 2017
- National Monuments That Could Soon Be on the Chopping Block April 29, 2017
- 25 Years Later: How the Riots Changed Policing in Los Angeles April 29, 2017
- Gorsuch's Early Days Hint at an Energetic Role April 28, 2017
- Trump at Rally: Media Deserves 'Big, Fat Failing Grade' April 30, 2017
- Donald Trump's One Awful Accomplishment April 30, 2017
- Democrats' 2018 Senate Math Problem April 30, 2017
- Richard Trumka's Warning to Democrats April 30, 2017
- Fox News is Now Suddenly Vulnerable April 30, 2017
- 16,087 minds served (so far)